About reservation and use
- Any notice for reservation?
The name of the driver must be the same as the applicant. If the driver and the name of the applicant is different, we may reject this booking.
- Can I rent a car without advanced reservation when I come to your shop directly?
Only if we have the stock, we can prepare the car for you. We strongly suggest you to make a reservation in advance.
- If I come to pick up the rental car to your shop by my car, Is there any parking lot for keeping my own car?
Yes, we have. Please let us know what kind of your car you want to keep before you come.
- What document I have to prepare?
Please prepare your passport and International driver’s license. If you have a foreign driver’s license from Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany, France, Belgium, Principality of Monaco or Taiwan, by carrying a Japanese translation of the license together, you can drive for one year after landing in Japan. * For the Japanese translation, please contact embassies, consulates, or Japan JAF.
- Is there a mileage restriction?
No, we don’t. You can drive as much as you want.
- What should I do if I delay to pick up or return the car?
Please contact us immidiately if you delay more than 60 min. If we have not receive the delay notice from you, we may cancel the booking and charge the cancellation fee.We will adjust the deliverly time when your flight delay, please tell us your changed flight schedule before on borad the flight.
- Can I extend rental time?
Yes you can, only if we don’t have next booking. Please contact us directly.
- Can I pick up or return the car out of business hours?
Our business hour is 8：00～20：00 basically. Please contact us directly.
- Are these rental cars have ETC and GPS navigation?
Yes, we have ETC and car navigation in all cars. But you have to use your own valid ETC card in Japan.
- Is there any case that I can’t rent a car I booked.
No, you can rent your booked car basically. But if there is any car accident or troble, we will ask you to use differernt car instead.
- Is there any non-smoking car?
Yes, all cars are non-smoking.
- Can I choose pick up and return point?
Yes, you can choose your pick up and returning place, it is fee services only in Naha city.
※Service time is 10:00-18:00, If you left the rental car without informing us returing place and time, we will charge you 200% of operating loss.
- Can I use international driver’s license?
Yes, you can. Please prepare your passport and valid International driver’s license issued by a members in the Geneva Convention, togerther with Japanese translation. (You can use it for one year after entering in Japan.) * For the Japanese translation, please contact embassies, consulates, or Japan JAF. (For Taiwanese access here, https://www.mvdis.gov.tw/)
- Can I rent a child seat or a junior seat?
Yes, we rend it at JP500 yen per day (excluding tax).
- Can I bring my pet??
Yes, please put your pet inside the pet cage.
※If there is any damage or smell when you retern the car we might be charge you for cleaning.
- Foreigners can rental the car?
Yes, please prepare your passport and International driver’s license with Japanese translation.
- Can I rent a car even for a beginner ?
In the case of a beginner (less than one year after getting a license), you can not rent.
About charge and payment
- When do I need to make a payment?
After confirmation of the booking, our staff will send a payment settlement URL by email, you can use your credit card for payment. If you extend the rental hour or the vehicle need to be repaired exceed insurance, we will charge you when you returning the car.
- Does the car rental fee include insurance?
Yes you can chooes either Plan A (insurance is not included) or Plan B(full cover insurance+gas).
Plan A (Normal plan) Plan B (All include plan)
- Customer have to refill full tank fuel when returning the car.
- Voluntary insurance is included.
- NOC (Non-Operation Charge)is not included.
- Exemption from responsibility is not included. (Plan A customer must join, \2000/day)
- Customer don’t need to refil the fuel when returning the car.
- Voluntary insurance is included.
- NOC (Non-Operation Charge) is included
- No excess for accident damaged claim
- NOC (Non-Operation Charge) :\1,000/Day
・The vehicle can drive return to shop………\50,000
・The vehicle can not drive return to shop…\100,000
■Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- For Human : Unlimited
- For Non-Human: Unlimited
- Included Towing fee
- About cancelling a reservation & cancellation fee
■About cancellation fee
Charges of cancellation by customers.
- Up to 7 days prior to the date of rental / No charges
- Up to 3~6 days prior to the date of rental/ 20% of the basic rates
- Up to 1~2 days prior to the date of rental /30% of the basic rates
- On the day of rental/ 100% of the basic rates
※In the event of inclement weather, we will not charge any cancellation fees. Please contact us as soon as possible. West coast reserves the right to alter or terminate the Promotion and amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice. In case of disputes, the decision of west Coast merchants shall be final If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and the Japanese versions, the Japanese version shall prevail.
- Are there any indemnifications not included in the Plan B (All include plan)?
As for the first accident during the rental period, it is included exemption from responsibility, so no additional costs will be incurred. We will also prepare alternative vehicle for the customer. However, for the second accident during the same rental period, we will stop lending the car and rental fee is not refunded. Also, the customer will be charged additional JP100,000 yen for damage.